- 7/5/12 Storm Damage
- Posted July 5, 2012 midnight
- For some residents of SW St. James and the rural areas SW of town, the real Fourth of July Fireworks did not happen until the wee morning hours of July 5th when a strong thunderstorm blew across the area. Winds blew down 12 electric poles about 2 1/2 miles south of the Hickory Inn on County Road 104 and damaged at least one home in that area. South Central Electric crews received the first calls of an outage around 4 am and were on the scene about 4:15 am. Crew members on the scene thought it might take winds in the range of 80 to 100 mph to knock down the power polls. Initially, it was estimated that 53 customers were without power. Read the July 12th Plaindealer for a complete story on the storm.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition for extra features and to our website for full digital access.
- Top Stories
- Happy Mother’s Day!
- Tuesday's blow torch temp
- Golfers have a lot of matches in a few days
- Sports Calendar
- Editor's Note
- 2 sport Saints
- Hildebrandt, St. James, Minn., Receives SMSU Scholarship
- April was cold, wet, miserable
- St. James area alumni graduating college
- Livestock produceds urged to keep good records
- Hildebrandt highest GPA
- Read more top stories