The St. James Internship Committee is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity for you and your business. Through a grant received by the St. James Area Foundation and Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation the Internship Committee will assist in paying for internships for St. James High School Students to be placed in local businesses.
The goals of the St. James Student Internship Program are to:
1) Raise student awareness about entrepreneurship and business opportunities by being exposed to entrepreneurship in St. James and the area that they would not have otherwise been.
2) Provide businesses an opportunity to meet potential successors for business ownership/entrepreneurship.
3) Provide students awareness of local jobs and businesses both presently and after college.
4) Provide businesses incentive and encouragement to actively involve students in their operations and prepare future generations.
5) Expose and provide an opportunity for students to become connected to lifelong St. James connections.
6) Provide job seeking skills for students
The benefit for businesses in having an intern is huge, while the grant and the Student Internship Program help with the costs.
What can you do to learn more about the program? Please join the Internship Committee for a Lunch and Learn where we will go through the program in detail.
What: St. James Student Internship Business Lunch and Learn
Where: St. James Library
When: Thursday, April 4, 2013
Time: 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
RSVP: Required by March 29, 2013 to Molly Westman at (507) 375-1289 or
Cost: Free – Lunch provided
The Internship Committee is looking forward to discussing this program in greater detail with you April 4. For additional questions, please contact one of the Internship Committee Members:
Shawna Asendorf (507) 375-4517 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tabitha Johnson (507) 375-333 email@example.com
Steve Witcraft (507) 375-3381 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sue Harris (507) 375-4517 email@example.com
Tracy Hurley (507) 375-4151 firstname.lastname@example.org
Molly Westman (507) 375-1289 molly.Westman@ci.stjames.mn.us