Baltimore Orioles at New York Yankees odds, picks and prediction
The New York Yankees (56-48) host the Baltimore Orioles (37-67) for a three-game series, beginning Monday. First pitch from Yankee Stadium will be at 7:05 p.m. ET. Let's analyze the lines around the Orioles vs. Yankeesodds with MLB picks and predictions.
Orioles RHP Jorge Lopez (2-12, 6.19 ERA) makes his 22nd start. He has a 1.68 WHIP, 4.0 BB/9 and 8.4 K/9 through 96 IP.
- The Orioles won the last three games started by Lopez despite him allowing 10 runs over just 11 1/3 combined innings.
- He had a 7.20 ERA in June and July, posting a record of just 1-6 in those two months.
Yankees LHP Andrew Heaney (6-7, 5.27 ERA) makes his 19th start of the season and his first with the Yankees. He has a 1.31 WHIP, 3.0 BB/9 and 10.8 K/9 through 94 IP.
- Heaney is making his Yankees debut after being traded by the Los Angeles Angels; he allowed 3 or fewer runs in three of his last four starts.
- He has five starts with at least 8 strikeouts this season and has allowed only 2 home runs in his last four starts after allowing 3 against the Yankees June 29.
Orioles at Yankees odds, lines, picks and prediction
- Money line: Orioles +200 (bet $100 to win $200) | Yankees -270 (bet $270 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Orioles +1.5 (-105) | Yankees -1.5 (-130)
- Over/Under: 9.5 (O: -130 | U: -105)
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick'em contests.Play now!
Yankees 7, Orioles 4
Money line (ML)
The Yankees have gotten into a groove in the last week or so, going 6-2 over their last eight games. They swept the Miami Marlins and took two of three from the Tampa Bay Rays the series prior and have held opponents to 3 or fewer runs in six of their last eight games.
As much as I like the Yankees, I'll PASS on the money line at -270 and much prefer to bet the spread.
New York is an impressive 8-2 against the spread in its last 10 games, all of which were on the road. The Yankees covered in each of their three games as favorites against the Marlins and should keep that up against the Orioles, who are only 5-5 ATS in that same span.
Bet the YANKEES -1.5 (-130) to cover the spread at home tonight.
Surprisingly, it has been the Yankees pitching that has been dominant lately, which has caused the total to go Under in nine of their last 10 games. With Heaney on the mound and Lopez pitching for the Orioles, this has the makings of a high-scoring game.
Take the OVER 9.5 (-130).
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.